Thursday, August 25, 2011

Lake Powell

I only had my camera the first day - then I lost it. So this is only one days worth.....
Max did really well, despite the fact he had an ear/sinus infection the whole time (found out yesterday!)
Notice Benj looking like an Arab......





Napping was easy - we just put him in the nose of the boat and it rocked him to sleep :)



Hate catfish/carp/whatever they are. Gross.




This was our day sanctuary. The closest arch was our swimmin hole. It was awesome!












Benj said this looked like a penis and to take a picture.....





THANK GOODNESS FOR GRANDMA!!!!! They loveeeee each other!!


My head got fried, despite my attepmt to shade it....

My cute boys!

Our beach









We went to visit the "Defiant House" and defiantly, I didn't want to go. You had to hike up to it and I am NNNOOOOTTT a hiker. Especially in 115 degree heat at 300 lbs. It was really neat though, a little Indian dwelling at the tope of this ledge.





Them Indians must have been short.....Blair is just a tiny guy and couldn't fit in the door.

It was a fun trip all in all! Thanks Blair and Tam for taking us! I know I am missing a ton of details....but we had fun!

2 comments:

ChotZ said...

Haha you look just like Cheralie did when she came to Powell with our family one year. Completely covered in towels to hide from the sun. LOVE IT! HAHA, oh and I'm proud of you for hiking. :) Looks so fun!

The Hovers said...

Wow Lake Powell really is heaven! Wish I were there... love the sunglasses, love Max swimming with dad and sleeping in the boat. Love the pic of your beach.. the day retreat arch thing, gosh! Everything! Good jobber on hiking and just going in general!!