Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
This isn't really a photo but everytime I see this it makes me physicaly sick. My 7 year old niece Macie saw it and wanted to call in and give money. I'm not ok with animal cruelty. It is on the same level, if not higher, than child abuse.
Monday, June 28, 2010
Sunday, June 27, 2010
This girl, just watching..
This random, quite emmaculate mammoth. No explanation. Facing backward...
This random guy pulling a ... camel?
The 900 cheer squads with 40 girls each. I used to be a twurp cheerleader too, so don't get me wrong. I think the politics is getting out of hand here. Are they just taking every girl who tries out so they don't get sued by the parents for 'not being fair'? And then once the squad hits 40, they just make a new squad? The word 'squad' sounds yucky.
Saturday, June 26, 2010
- "It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don’t worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers." Pres Gordon B Hinckley
- "Do not give up hope, and do not give up trying, but DO give up obsessing about it"--Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley
- “The difference between a man and a boy is, a boy wants to grow up to be a fireman, but a man wants to grow up to be a giant monster fireman.” Jack Handy
- “If God dwells inside us like some people say, I sure hope He likes enchiladas, because that's what He's getting” Jack Handy
- “If you saw two guys named Hambone and Flippy, which one would you think liked dolphins most? I'd say Flippy, wouldn't you? You'd be wrong though. It's Hambone.” Jack Handy
- “The next time I have meat and mashed potatoes, I think I'll put a very large blob of potatoes on my plate with just a little piece of meat. And if someone asks me why I didn't get more meat, I'll just say, "Oh, you mean this?" and pull out a big piece of meat from inside the blob of potatoes, where I've hidden it. Good magic trick, huh?” Jack Handy
- "I think it is always a good idea to carry 2 bags around. That way, if someone asks, 'Hey, can you give me a hand?' You can say 'Sorry, got these bags..." Jack Handy
Of course now I have to add my 2 cents at the end. This is Max's new thing - arms straight out for long periods of time.
2 minutes later...
Friday, June 25, 2010
I am just bursting with irritation - I will have to share coming up on day 6 (whatever tickles my fancy day). Stay tuned!
I just need to throw in a few tidbits here. I cannot stand when people WrItE LiKe ThIs oN Facebook like they are in 7th grade. And say things like "whateva" and "kool". Come ON. And the horse parade. I will not dive into my true deep feelings, but the whole thing is really quite weird. I think it is absolutely insane that you can just sign up and jump on a horse and be in a parade. People will paint thier horse and dress up, etc. One girl always paints her horse pink and dresses in P.J.'s. What the hell does that mean?? Then the "Riding Clubs". They are never 'on' and always shuffling around. You always have 3 or 4 biggie ladies with huge BIF's. This year there were even people just full on walking - no horse. It's a HORSE parade. At least be touching a horse. This time there was a big break between riders and this chubby kid came full on galloping down, like fast, with breast cancer signs painted on his horse, and he was all intense, it was freaking funny. You had to see it. Anyway, i could really go on and on. Don't misunderstand, I love horses, just love them in a pasture or at a rodeo.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Day 01 - your favorite song
Day 02 - your favorite movie
Day 03 - your favorite television program
Day 04 - your favorite book
Day 05 - your favorite quote
Day 06 - whatever tickles your fancy
Day 07 - a photo that makes you happy
Day 08 - a photo that makes you angry/sad
Day 09 - a photo you took
Day 10 - a photo of you taken over ten years ago
Day 11 - a photo of you taken recently
Day 12 - whatever tickles your fancy
Day 13 - a fictional book
Day 14 - a non-fictional book
Day 15 - a fanfic (don't know what this means, so I am changing it to favorite comedian)
Day 16 - a song that makes you cry (or nearly)
Day 17 - an art piece (painting, drawing, sculpture, etc.) (not interested, changing this to decorating ideas I like)
Day 18 - whatever tickles your fancy
Day 19 - a talent of yours
Day 20 - a hobby of yours
Day 21 - a recipe
Day 22 - a website
Day 23 - a YouTube video
Day 24 - whatever tickles your fancy
Day 25 - your day, in great detail
Day 26 - your week, in great detail
Day 27 - this month, in great detail
Day 28 - this year, in great detail
Day 29 - hopes, dreams and plans for the next 365 days
Day 30 -- whatever tickles your fancy
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Friday, June 18, 2010
My thankful thought this week is modern medicine. Baby Tylenol. Prevacid so Max doesn't throw up every 3 minutes. Anti-Anxiety and Anti-Depressant drugs so I am semi-sane. EPIDURALS. I can't even fathom giving birth without an epidural. I am glad it is there for me to have the choice to chose it. Neosporin. Love Neosporin. X-Ray and Ultrasound, MRI adn CT. There are so many things you can see and diagnose while you are pregnant with the Ultrasound. I am so lucky I had such close access and was able to see my little guy almost every week. My Aunt Becky is really sick in the hospital right now and I have no doubt she wouldn't make it without the modern medicine and the advancements we have today. Chemo. It is a roughy, but better than nothing in most cases. I don't know that this counts as 'medicine', but Tampons! Good hell, I think a pad is bad, I can't even imagine what women had to do in earlier times. I think it should count as medicine, because, man, that could turn into a raging infection if you aren't careful, especially back in the day. Dirty rags, no really good cleaning supplies.... Laproscopic surgery. So much less evasive = faster healing. Anesthesia. I watched a thing on the History Channel about all the amputations that they preformed in the Civil War. Pretty much just gave you a shot of whiskey and took a rusty dull saw to your leg. Crazy. Anytime you get you leg cut off isn't really good, but it is much better with anesthesia I'm sure. All the myriad of blood tests that can be run to see if you have 'this' or 'that'. I am just so grateful that there are so many things that help make life easier and more pleasant and less painful for me and those around me and help 'catch' things before they get out of hand.
Sunday, June 13, 2010
While my mom was cutting his hair the other day we discovered 'scary water'. We spray the water bottle in the air and after a second the mist hits him and scares the hell out of him. This footage is actually pretty tame compared to the first few times. He ended up smiling and liking it. Funny. The picture has water drops and it looks like glitter, but I swear it isn't. No glitter. No rainbows.
Friday, June 11, 2010
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
- The Mountains. I love love love living in Utah by the beautiful mountains! They are not only beautiful, but make me feel safe and enclosed. Not to mention, I love camping and 4-wheeling in them! I cannot freaking even fathom dragging a handcart thru them in the winter. Imagine, being on your period with a dirty rag scrunched up your crotch, frozen feet, prob missing toes, haven't eaten in 2 days, just crossed a icy river, and have 4 kids under 5 trailing you and whining whining WHINING. Man, there is a good reason I wasn't a pioneer. Anyway, I kind of went off of the mountain thing there. Hell, I'm grateful for the pioneers too though. I love those mountains, but I love them in my 4-wheeler, car, or truck!! (So, to re-cap: I am grateful for the mountians, the pioneers, and modern transportation here.)