Tuesday, June 8, 2010

thankful thought

Since I am such a pessimistic person, and I recognize it, I really do try to always think of positive things, things that make me happy, & things I am grateful for to counter all the things I bitch about. I have from time to time kept a graditude journal (which came to an abrupt end about half way through the pregnancy). Anyhow, I figure I will try to do a 'thankful thought' at least once a week on my blog. So, here is my first one:
  • The Mountains. I love love love living in Utah by the beautiful mountains! They are not only beautiful, but make me feel safe and enclosed. Not to mention, I love camping and 4-wheeling in them! I cannot freaking even fathom dragging a handcart thru them in the winter. Imagine, being on your period with a dirty rag scrunched up your crotch, frozen feet, prob missing toes, haven't eaten in 2 days, just crossed a icy river, and have 4 kids under 5 trailing you and whining whining WHINING. Man, there is a good reason I wasn't a pioneer. Anyway, I kind of went off of the mountain thing there. Hell, I'm grateful for the pioneers too though. I love those mountains, but I love them in my 4-wheeler, car, or truck!! (So, to re-cap: I am grateful for the mountians, the pioneers, and modern transportation here.)

3 comments:

Lady Rynn said...

Sarah, you always make my day! I love reading your blog!

KoOie said...

Oh my heck, you are so stinkin funny!!! I love the mountains too. I think besides the temple the canyon is the next best thing! Also, every time I think of the pioneers I think of having a stinkin period too!! haha, grateful minds think alike!! ;)

Stef said...

I hear you. I'm the cynical queen so it's sometimes nice to stop and notice the good things.