Saturday, June 26, 2010

day 5 - favorite quote

I'm not really interested in this one. I'll give a few quotes I like; I don't know that they are necessarily my favorites.... (AND I'm going to type this whole post centered)


  • "It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don’t worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers." Pres Gordon B Hinckley

  • "Do not give up hope, and do not give up trying, but DO give up obsessing about it"--Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

  • “The difference between a man and a boy is, a boy wants to grow up to be a fireman, but a man wants to grow up to be a giant monster fireman.” Jack Handy


  • “If God dwells inside us like some people say, I sure hope He likes enchiladas, because that's what He's getting” Jack Handy

  • “If you saw two guys named Hambone and Flippy, which one would you think liked dolphins most? I'd say Flippy, wouldn't you? You'd be wrong though. It's Hambone.” Jack Handy

  • “The next time I have meat and mashed potatoes, I think I'll put a very large blob of potatoes on my plate with just a little piece of meat. And if someone asks me why I didn't get more meat, I'll just say, "Oh, you mean this?" and pull out a big piece of meat from inside the blob of potatoes, where I've hidden it. Good magic trick, huh?” Jack Handy

  • "I think it is always a good idea to carry 2 bags around. That way, if someone asks, 'Hey, can you give me a hand?' You can say 'Sorry, got these bags..." Jack Handy

    Of course now I have to add my 2 cents at the end. This is Max's new thing - arms straight out for long periods of time.

Picture 1....

2 minutes later...

1 comment:

The Hovers said...

Don't Max! That is hilarious! Are you sure you didn't just post the same picture twice to make us all laugh?