Sunday, June 27, 2010

day 6 - whatever tickles my fancy

Some highlights from the parade....

This girl, just watching..

This random, quite emmaculate mammoth. No explanation. Facing backward...

These people....

'OHS'?

This random guy pulling a ... camel?






Handi-snack band with the horned van.




Any finally, my 2 most favorite things:




The 900 cheer squads with 40 girls each. I used to be a twurp cheerleader too, so don't get me wrong. I think the politics is getting out of hand here. Are they just taking every girl who tries out so they don't get sued by the parents for 'not being fair'? And then once the squad hits 40, they just make a new squad? The word 'squad' sounds yucky.





The 5 or 6 moms (and dads this year!)with huge strollers who walk 20 feet behind the float and chat. If you are not participating, don't be in the parade. If your child is too scared to go without his mom, don't let him go.

Ok, I feel better.

3 comments:

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

That's funny. Yes, there are some weirdies in the parade. I do miss Lehi round up though...

kholbro said...

You're hilarious!!! Love the pictures you captured...gotta love the Lehi parade! :)

Seth & Kirie said...

Why was everyone so confused by OHS? My sister couldn't even figure out what it said...Orem High School, my friends. Orem High School.

Also, I just realized you were sitting right where the people got towed on Saturday morning. I thought that was hilarious - we're serious about our parade routes!