Thursday, September 1, 2011

day 23 - something you need to let go or wish you didn't know

I wish I didn't know about child abuse. I cannot even fathom how a gorwn adult can hurt a child. And bad. Like to the point of death about it. I've smacked Max a few times, but not super hard, mostly just a spank to let him know I'm serious. But I can't imagine beating a child. The story of little Ethan really pissed me off/hurt me. I Don't know what would posess a person, a parent at that, to do such horrible things as beat him in the head, burn him in water, drug him, dismember him, etc. HOW?? I've been pissed before - and frustrated - but be an adult. Control yourself for hell sakes.

Sexual abuse, on the other hand, I can hardly talk about. I think of my sweet niece and can't even dream of a man taking her and abusing her that way. The story of Jaycee Dugar that I just read too - 11 years old and raped over and over, horribly (and then PREGNANT!) I think sex offenders should be put to death, or at the very least have their genitals removed + prison for life. I hate that some people get away with it or just get 5 years and get off in 2 for "good behavior". If the jail is crowded - start killing the worst crime guys. It isn't a hard choice. Simple really.  I could go on about that.

Anyway, the point is I hate hearing about child abuse. Bad. I wish I didn't know.

No comments: