Thursday, September 15, 2011

if momma 'aint happy, 'aint nobody happy

Yeah, so I'm over the 30 days of truth thing.


In counseling today - a brilliant metaphor was brought up. I'd like to share.


You've all heard the saying - If momma aint happy, aint nobody happy", right? This is sooooo true. And not just in a funny way, but really. The mom is kind of like the "hub" of the family. Everything runs through her, over her, under her, she knows about it, she's in the middle of it, she did it, etc. We are like a 16 oz cup. Benj is a straw and Max is a straw and they are constantly sucking (not in a bad way). In my case, I have a few leaks in my cup in addition to the sucking (depression, anxiety, Bi-Polar), thus, I feel constantly drained. To feel better, I need to find things that make me happy (there are very few right now) and fill up the cup. I need help and reinforcement from Benj. I need to be positive. All these things to fill 'er up. As far as the leaks, I need to patch them with coping methods, medication, therapy.


Anyway, it really hit me and made sense. I hope you enjoyed it - hehe!

No comments: