Sunday, June 12, 2011

words and phrases that suck

I have been compiling a list of phrases that just irk me. It's getting pretty long, so, it's time to get it out. Inspired by a FB post, I also have a few words that I hate. This is kinda long, FYI.

PHRASES:
  • Fat and Sassy
    • I don't even know what to say. It sucks to be fat.
  • At the end of the day
    • I know everyone hates this, so I don't know why people are still saying it. At the end of the day, I will get ready for bed.
  • Pull up your boot straps
    • First off, I don't get it. None of my boots have straps. And second, it is the last thing you want to hear when you are having a rough go.
  • Yes and No (when answering a question)
    • Benj says this daily. No, it is either yes OR no. If it is both, you need to rethink it. That is like saying it is hot and cold, dead and alive. It's just dumb. It sounds dumb, it makes you look dumb. Knock it off.
  • I'm so excited I just can't hide it
    • No comment.
  • Peace out. Word.
    • I literally heard a guy say this last weekend at a gas station in Beaver. Don't.
  • He's robbing the cradle
    • He's not robbing anything unless he has her at gunpoint. He is going for a younger, hotter woman, and he is probably a creeper. There is no need to being a cradle into it.
  • Boy toy
    • Meaning you are just screwing around with a player. Sounds like a 90's hick thing.
  • Bestie
    • Referring to your 'best friend'. Hate. And, it looks like "beastie" which is quite opposite of what you are trying to say.
  • Crotch Rocket
    • Do I need to say anything?
  • Over the shoulder boulder holder
    • Being bosomly blessed, I have heard this many times. It makes me feel like a backwoods Arkansas whore. Hate it.
  • Pin a rose on your nose
    • Hailing from Full House in the 90's, this just irritates me right down to my bones.
  • Cowboy Up
    • I get the point. Don't put it on your truck.
  • The bees knees
    • WTH?
  • Same Diff
    • Same Difference. Same. Difference. Same Difference? It doesn't make any sense. Do you even know what those words mean? Don't shorten it to 'diff'. This is usually coming out of a 12 year old boys mouth.
  • Anywoo
    • Are you trying to be an owl? Be funny? Get sick of saying Anyway? Holy hell. And it always has to be an annoying person saying it, which makes it so much more annoying.
  • Woot Woot
    • Mostly this is typed. Really, even when you are excited, would you really, outloud, say this? 
  • Last hurrah
    • Don't.
  • So Cal
    • As in Southern California. I hate this. Hate. Hate the stickers on peoples cars, hate when black people say it and hate it even worse when white people say it. YOU AREN'T COOL.
  • The reason being.....
    • Usually people are trying to sound smart. They usually follow up with a dumb comment.
  • Nard-dog (as a nickname?)
    • Penis.
  • Live, Laugh, Love
    • Overused. Not that inspiring. Overused.
  • It's not the breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away.
    • I want to choke whoever says this next until they can't breathe at all. George Strait, it might be you.
  • Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you'll land among the stars.
    • I don't even want to talk about this.
  • Pein-dog
    • My brother says this about his unit. It is funny, in an annoying way.
  • I'm not going to lie.....
    • usually followed by something that sucks.
  • Not so much
    • As in, I love heroin. My wife? Not so much.
  • No Strings Attached
    • = bullshit
  • Oh no you didn't (with a black head nod thing while saying it)
    • It was funny once or twice
  • A penny saved is a penny earned
    • No, you idiot, a penny saved is just a penny saved. Saving something you already have doesn't equate to making or acquiring a new one by any stretch of the imagination. Dumb.
  • The pen is mightier than the sword
    • Wanna bet?
  • Good things come to those who wait
    • Generally, good things happen to people who go out and make it happen. Don't just freaking sit there.
  • Between a rock and a hard place
    • Really, a rock isn't that hard to walk around. What is a 'hard place'?
  • Sooner rather than later
    • If you are in such a freaking hurry, just say 'soon' or 'NOW'. Don't say that stupid sentence.
  • Comparing apples to oranges
    • The point could be made much more clear with something more like 'comparing wart-hogs to ice cubes' or 'comparing toenails to hand sanitizer'. Maybe I am just dramatic.  
  • Like looking for a needle in a haystack
    • This is funny because, after someone says it, I almost always stop listening and picture an old farmer, searching his barn for his prized needle of his sweet little wife's that he lost, and I get into this whole big scenario in my head. Wait, what are we looking for?
WORDS:
  • Heinous
  • Epic
    • OVERUSED
  • Guac (guacamole)
    • vaginal infection
  • Pustule
  • Uber
    • said by excited gay men
  • Delish
  • Chortle
    • Benj says I do this when I laugh.
  • Masticate
  • Waft
  • Sauerkraut
  • Nard (again)
  • Winningest
  • Tepid
  • Clobber
    • I think of a German slobbering and yelling with a club in hand. Not a pleasant picture.
  • Curdled
  • Wolverine
    • Not only do I hate the word, I hate what it means
  • Pork
    • sounds.....porky
  • Gnome
    • looks awkward in word and for real
  • Wiener
    • Penis
  • Taut
    • An ugly way of saying a perky boobed blonde haired cute girl. Not me.
  • Guesstimate

I could literally go on and on. You know me and bitching. Anyone have anything to add? Comments? Questions?

Bachelorette tomorrow! I have no sitter and no DVR, so we'll see!

5 comments:

The Brooks Family said...

Laughed out loud at the George Strait comment. HATE that song!!

I say Guac all the time. Love it, love to eat it. Now I'm going to think of vag infections, so thanks for that. :)

HATE Epic. Love to use guestimate! and WTH does Wolverine mean!?

Carly said...

Good things come to those who wait

Generally, good things happen to people who go out and make it happen. Don't just freaking sit there.

---I laughed at this!

I don't really like the word hubby or prego. they just make me shudder.

marnee said...

This was my favorite! Anywoo...what are you an owl?

and Pustule is not a good word, I don't know what it means, but I don't want to know.

ChotZ said...

HAHA!
Sorry that I use Woot and Delish a lot. :) I'll try to refrain more often.

Joshua J said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vodPodgWh8E

I hate "Woot"