Wednesday, June 1, 2011

gateway discovery + WTH

We took Max to the Discovery Museum at Gateway on Monday. It was actually super fun. Kinda expensive, but both my boys loved it!
On the way in..

Notice nerd boy to the right.... more to come of him later....

In the nest. He had that John Deere push poppy thing the entire time.


The little sitting area inside the birdhouse. Cute!

Playing in the water! Of course first thing he tried to drink it....



Love the smock

My boys!!!

This first of all is through yellow plexi-glass, but it is a big pipe that blows balls around, so there is some air pressure going on. It is hitting his face here. He loved it!

Playing music


He could have played in this area for hours. Gathering balls, putting them in the tote, dragging them over here, dumping over there, climing in the thing.....


Notice how ugly that kid is. And he was a little shit.


Kerplunk thing like on The Price is Right!

In the construction zone!




Yeah, thought this kids glasses were a joke at first. Nope. Dead serious. After I saw the mom it made more sense. WTH.






This was on the 3rd floor, for the older kids, we didn't even take him up there. They had a stage with dress ups and lighting and places to make comic books, make picture books, etc!

Tons of stuff to build with. Kinnex, Errector sets, blocks, piping stuff.


You can film a weather forecast!

and a newscast!

Real live helicopter outside!

Benj looked at this for a good 10 minutes. He wanted it so bad.


on the way out.....

Fun fun! There was also a grocery store, a house with kitchen, living room, etc, a big car, a big mailbox, a big doghouse, and a barn with a horse/chickens that we didn't even go to really. He could have pushed around the little John Deere popping thing for 3 hours and loved it!


And lastly, some of you may have seen this from my post on FB, but I can't take how out of control it is. I have to post it.


“So, I had just given birth to my first son at a local birthing center and there had been another couple that had given birth just before me there as well. The midwife told us that the couple in the other room wanted to come over to say congratulations and introduce us to their child as well. Little did I know that they would come into my room with no pants on. Even better, they both had NO UNDERWEAR ON. And from my vantage point, I could see everything. It was disturbingly awkward to say the least. I have no idea why my husband had his shirt off, but I assure you, he had his pants on. To this day I still have no idea why they were both naked from the waist down. Even more importantly, why was HE?”


There are sooooo so many things I could say here. But I think you know what they are.


4 comments:

marnee said...

Don't throw in that childbirth thing!

The gateway part was awesome! Cute pics of Max.
He loved it, I can tell.

Brittney said...

And they took a photo with them? What the heck?

The Brooks Family said...

Wow! Max looks like he had so much fun! I don't think I have the patience for that place... I'm so not a fun mom.

I think there's more going on with the birth pic than they are admitting to! WTH!?

sheriece & Mckade said...

She just had a baby, and she has no underwear on?! So, is blood just dripping on the floor then? Gross. Don't with the floral print ruffle curtains in the background.