Tuesday, June 7, 2011

i love soldiers!

We went t St. George this weekend for our cousins baby blessing + to see off another cousin to Iraq. Pretty much a rough weekend. I was so pissed off between Max being a SHIT and it being hot, etc, I didn't really take many pictures. I got a lot at the airport seeing off the soldiers. It was amazing!!! So sad! I was so emotional. Really, I am so grateful and proud to be an American!!! So proud of Nate (cousin). This is his 4th tour. He has seen a lot and been through a lot. I am so grateful to him for serving.
Max and Mia (sounds cute huh? I almost want to name a girl that if I ever have one, those 2 names sound cute together).




 Benj always says, if a man can hold his dog in one arm, something is wrong.
 Couple saying goodbye....
 A sweet tank-firetruck!
 This couple was having a rough go. She hated it.

 The street to the airport was lined with flags. That got me emotional right from the start.

 This is our soldier, Nate Graff. This is his 4th tour. Front lines baby.

 Lined up in formation





 Nate

 Soooooo onery!
 Cute hubby!


 Talking with Nate while waiting for the plane.
 This couple (girl in the blue dress) just made me sick. She had a ring on so they were prob just newlyweds. He was hoooottt stuff and she was a doll. She was crying the whole time. It was so sad. I kept trying to get pictures of them. I serisouly stared at them the whole time.
Trying to keep Max entertained by throwing rocks, dumping water....

 We lost Max, next thing I know he is in the middle of a group of 3 soldiers talking, just hanging out, looking up at them, showing them rocks, etc.

 At one point the big guy came over and yelled "All soldiers in position asap - meaning NOW!" and it was cool, they all just dropped everything and ran. (It wasn't the last goodbye, they were just doing something else)
 Max and Grandpa. He pretty much would only go to Grandma or Grandpa.
 The Harley Biker guys bringing out a plethora of flags :)
 A couple - sad.

 This is so cute!!

 Makes me so sad!
 This little family was sad too. The wife was crying the whole time. I could never ever be a military wife.


 They had a big table of refreshments for all the fam-damilies. We finally shut Max up with some pudding.
 Cute couple again.

 Lining up in formation right before being called to go to the plane. The big whig then started calling them one at a time.

 Saying a prayer before boarding. Love it!



 Prime example of why not to get a tattoo when you are 18.

 Nate and Mia - so sweet!
 Nate and Max

 Guy leaving for the first time. His wife and daughter were crying.

 Nate and his mom Vickie
 This cute girl in the white dress - I didn't get a picture of it, but we walked by  her and her man and he was rubbing her little tummy. She must have been just barely prego. So sad.

 The pathway to the plane.


Boarding the plane.


 Max and Grandma Ward


I can't even get across how cool it was. I loooovved it. Benj so bad wants to be in the military but can't because of his back. I am so grateful for that. I hate it because it is a huge dream of his, but I know I wouldn't survive as a military wife. There is a definite reason for him not being able to!

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the pics/movies. Go America!!

7 comments:

Lady Rynn said...

Its the hardest thing to do, say goodbye to your husband, not knowing if he's coming back. When Christopher and I got married, I picked him up from the airport (we hadn't seen each other in six months, we picked out our wedding bands at walmart, picked up our marriage license, got ready, got married, had three days together before I took him back to the airport and spent the next 6 months apart with him in Iraq before we got two weeks together again. Then it was another 6 months apart. It was the longest year ever. It was so amazing though after all that waiting getting to go to Colorado to pick him up when he came back and welcome him home. This was a really awesome post, Sarah. As a Soldier's wife, thank you for sharing such an amazing moment. ;)

Vanee Rigby said...

Hey Sarah I appreciate this post it means a lot to me and it hits home. Jeremy hasn't left yet but I dread the day when he has to. I knew when we decided to be in the military it will happen but I want you to know that I never take a day for granted to enjoy the time I do have with him. It amazes me to see other military families having to go through it and I can't believe I am one of them. But again thank you for your post it means a lot. God bless America!!!

Chotz said...

I was bawling through the whole post because Kooie's hubby leaves in September and I am trying to not think about it. But then I run into that lady's arm with the tattoo and starting laughing through my tears.

David and Jessica said...

This is neat Sarah! It makes me so proud too! It also made me sick to my stomach knowing that I'll be in their shoes someday :( I can't even imagine how I'm going to handle it! That girl in the white dress was adorable. I need to know where she got her dress so I can have it too :)

chantelle said...

ahh! sarah-thanks for sharing!! that is so cool! definately puts things in perspective on the men that serve and their families. makes me so proud & goosbumpily.

Joshua J said...

"I didn't really take many pictures."

Uhh... except for the 97 that you posted.

God bless America. Thanks for sharing.

marnee said...

I Love Love Love the soldiers and the American Flag! These pictures are beautiful, soooo cool.
These guys and their families are the best of the best. Amen to God Bless America!