Saturday, May 14, 2011

new pet peeves

  1. You are in a public bathroom, one toilet. Someone tries to open the door. Ok, fine, now they know someone is in there. But no, they continue to rattle the doorknob as if.......what?? Maybe they were wrong? Maybe they could magically open it if they keep trying 900 times? Maybe they don't care if anyone is in there and they are just going to try to break in?? Calm the hell down people. If it's locked, wait 3 minutes. Still locked? Maybe, maybe, try again. Any longer than that you'll wanna just go somehwere else because either something wierd is going on and you will have to involve the convenience store clerk, or someone is taking a long nasty poo and you will need to go elsewhere anyway.
  2. Husbands/men who speak for thier wives/girlfriends. This comes up at work a lot. A guy will call  in to make an appointment for his wife. That is not that bad; Benj has done that before. It's nice when I'm sick or something.  It is when a). you can tell he is controlling and/or b). the woman is in the background talking "through" him. Just put on your big girl pants and get on the damn phone with me. We don't need a freaking mediator. You are old enough to have sex; you are old enough to make a doctors appointment. What's worse is when the patient/guy are in the office. He checks her in while she stands behind him, all timid. You ask her, directly, a question, and HE answers. I talk to people about billing/$$ a lot and It drives me crazy when they can't make a move without his approval. Can't make a $5 payment without him telling her which card to use and making her explain in detail what she is paying for. They have to take 10 minutes to call him. I was talking with one of our nurses, who will remain nameless, and this really pisses her off too. To the point where she will say to the guy "Ok dearie, let me tell you how this is going to work. SHE is MY patient. I want to hear HER answers, in HER voice, and HER verison of the story. If at any point she gets stuck, or for some reason cannot talk, you can be her second string. Don't talk until then." Hehe, well said, I think. What is the kicker is even after they have had that little chat, the nurse will ask the patient a question, the poor woman will ask her husband what to answer. Makes me worry about what goes on at home.
I've been onery for like 3 days and don't know why. No real concrete reason, just generally pissed off. I think at least a small part of it is that it is getting hotter. I hate the freaking summer.

Why is elbow macaroni called 'elbow' macaroni? It really doesn't look like an elbow. If you want to start going that route you could call spaghetti "arm macaroni". I hate elbow macaroni. I think I'm just pissed off.

3 comments:

Kev and Manda said...

Well, by the description and the word dearie, I know which nurse it is! I have been on one lately too. Lack of sleep I think...

Carly said...

well, elbow macaronis are "bent" and an elbow "bends". But really, who came up with that??

Carly said...

ok, i thought about this post when i was at the bees game last week.
i was using the bathroom, there were 2 stalls, the other one empty. A girl walks in and comes to my stall (handicapped) and starts trying to open it. like 3 times! THEN, she frickin puts her EYEBALL up to the crack of the door and LOOKS IN. "oh sorry"
WHat the fuh?