Saturday, April 17, 2010

Awkward Bowling

We have a ton of fam in town for Max's blessing tomorrow, so we went bowling tonight (yes, again, and I don't know why because I suck so bad it seriously just pisses me off really bad to go). As I sat and watched people, I was fascinated by the awkwardness of the time between when the bowler throws the ball and the time they come back to the start line. From what I can tell, there are 5-6 types.

The normal aftermath:

This is where they throw normally, watch for a moment, and then turn and walk back. No awkward looks, no wierd feeling.

The quick turn around:

Here, they throw, see that clearly it was a crappy throw, and are disgusted and uninterested enough to just turn around as if to say 'oh, to hell with it,'. In this particular example, the bowler glances back, making sure her initial judgement was correct.

The linger:

This example shows the bowler throwing, and then staring at the ball, long after is comfortable for onlookers. I assume the bowler is deeply thinking about what she has just done.

The proud peacock: ,

Here we have the bowler who threw, knew it was successful, turns and gives a look or even a statement showing they think they are really good at bowling.

The awkward looks:

This bowler throws, turns, and no one is really looking at him or says anything about his turn. He feels dumb and insecure. His eyes look, search for something, anyone, to say something or awknowledge his turn. This one gets me feeling awkward.

Also I noticed "the explainer" but didn't get a shot of it. This is when they throw, watch, and then turn around and promtly start giving reasons and excuses why that throw sucked. Popular phrases include "The ball slipped," and " These shoes are just not sticking like I want,"....

Just some observations.

P.S.
congrats Amanda and Kev!!!

1 comment:

Chotz said...

Ahahahaha ! Awesome! How did you get all those videos without being spotted! Awesome!
Happy Blessing Day to sweet Max!