Saturday, October 2, 2010

positions

I'm a snuggler. Benj was a snuggler when we were dating. Now, he thinks touching his pinkie toe to my ankle bone is sunggling. Even that almost sends him over the edge (These are the kinds of things we try to learn while we are dating, kids.....). Let's just go over a few of my favorites:

The classic bobsled hand hold. Both on our backs, holding hands. Simple. This is the most used in our house, since Benj, apparently, isn't real touch-ie.

The spoon. I always have to be the big spoon, which pisses me off when he calls me 'big', which causes me to feel big, which sends me into a pissed/sad mode, and just ends up not good. Why the hell can't Benj be the big spoon? Why??

And my favorite: The limp spoon. This is where somehow we get past the big spoon thing and are spooning (I am saying spoon a lot). Then, about 20 minutes into it, we are both almost asleep, and he turns to a 45 degree angle, toward me, so his back is now on top of my right arm. My left arm is still in the regular spooning position. Man, this is a comfortable one.

All of these are better when ambien is involved.

1 comment:

The Hovers said...

You lost me at the 45 degree angle part. And don't about the ambien... you might need to get some help with that. The holding hand one reminds me of old people.