Tuesday, October 5, 2010

LAZY new car!

We took the plunge and traded in the gas consuming truck. We were very sad to part with it. I think Benj felt like a little girl downgrading to a car, but he's better now. We got the 2010 Ponitac G6. It is pretty nice. Saves us on monthly payment & GAS, and doesn't save us on car insurance, contrary to what the damn finance man at the dealership told us. D-bag. Anyway, we are pretty happy about it (I'm not overly thrilled about the color silver, dark peweter/charocoal would have been my selection, but didn't have a choice...)

However,

This is how lazy I have gotten. In the truck, the music controls were on the steering wheel. New car, they are not. Now, I have to not only move my chubby little finger, but my whole fat flapping arm down to change the channel or adjust the volume. It's just too much. I was pissed for a few days and then I realized why, kind of smiled about how lazy people are, then now I am pissed again. I guess I'll just have to hook up the iPod, on a cord, so I can hold it in my limp stout hand and not move. Another thing that has been brought to my attention with this situation (which, by the way, who/what the hell is this 'Situation' person on DWTS?? Don't.), is that in our other car, that I am now driving, (which sucks also, that I am back to my post-high school car. The deal is, whoever drives farther to work gets the car with better MPG. B-i-n-g-o, Benj wins.), the seat belt buckle doesn't have a stopper thing on it so when not in use, it slides down to the bottom of the car halfway under your seat. Have you, my friend, ever been fat? It is hard enough squeezing yourself into a sedan, but to have to contort yourself and your huge arm down underneath the seat you are siting on....and then once/if you do get it hooked up, my large chest shuffles the harness all over so I try to stuff it under my boobs but I want to put in under my pit but know that isn't proper and I might as well take the whole damn thing off and then feel guilty. Screw it. I'm not wearing my seat belt in that car. It's just a large amount of hassle, that on some days, I am not willing to deal with. (I know my logical friends out there (Manda, Cher) will argue that 'How big of a hassle will it be when you die and Max doesn't have a mom?? Huh? How about that hassle???") And to you I say, we all know that I am only half serious most of the time. So take that.

With all of that being said, I'm considering this: http://www.svsurgical.com/

4 comments:

Kev and Manda said...

car is nice! i was thinking that it's not that big of a hassle compared to dying(he he he)... but i am one who HATES texting and driving too. side note- a couple of kev's cousins have done the surgery and done really well, but would you/could you have to give up dr p?

Franc Family said...

I was thinking the same thing as cher and manda! You are to important me and max to us who would lighten are days up with some serious funny stuff!

Brittney said...

I want my name added to the list with Cher and Amanda. Wear your SEAT BELT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Oh and I love the car and I LOVE that it is silver.

coleman said...

Sar...You make me laugh. Of course you should wear your seat belt! That is annoying that you have to do that though. We just traded in our G6 and it was so sad. They are such good cars. Matt still misses it.