Monday, August 9, 2010

Yoo-bah 2010

Last year we went to Yuba Lake for the 4th of July-ish, this year in Aug, and I think we are going to make a tradition out of it. Benj's fam used to go to Lake Powell but it just got too expensive (+too hot!). Anyway, we had a good time - the weather kind of sucked (you'll see), but it was nice to enjoy some sun and family. Max did fairly well. He slept pretty good most of the time (I was worried about it in a tent with Benj's dad and Tam). He was semi-fussy a lot of the time and I didn't know if it was the CONSTANT wind, him being out of his element, teething, or him just not feeling well. He really was good overall though. My fam came up on of course the day that we couldn't even leave our tent it was so windy and yucky. We pretty much just choked down lunch and they left. I felt bad, the kids all wanted to boat and play on the beach. The same thing happened last year, they all came down and the damn boat broke and they had to just go home! It was fun though - now it is time to go back to work......



He really did like it, but by the time we got the camera out he was getting pissed off, clearly.
The poor fallen soldiers. Blair opened the package to put them in the cooler and these 3 guys got away and exploded. I sure could have used them.



This little diddy latched itself onto my chest one night and I about came un-freaking-glued. HATE moths. Especially when they are the size of Cleveland. I cried.







Nap with dad





Nap


Brandy's dog Reggie. He was so cute - he loves the water and swimming!




Storm! This is the cool umbrella my dad let us use - it props up to a semi-tent thing. Worked good for the freaking typhoon that came through.





Sitting out the storm






It's crazy - in the few weeks since we went to the cabin, he can totally sit up now!








He loved sitting by the fire + staring at lights, lamps, flashlights!







4 comments:

Chotz said...

HAHAHA Sarah! I can't even tell you enough times how stinking funny you are. Even that video of of the rain and Benji's mad face and the zooming in on the Dr. Pepper was so funny! Your little Max is so darling! I love his eyes and smile. I want to just play with him for hours!
I hate moth's too.

Lady Rynn said...

Sounds like so much fun, Sarah! Max is so freakin' adorable! I'd love to start a campout with friends!

Kev and Manda said...

He is sooo cute! The moth thing is FUNNY! At least it wasn't a bat...

Seth & Kirie said...

I would have cried about the flying moth, as well. We have flying cockroaches down in Vegas and they freak me the hell out. I have emotional breakdowns on a weekly basis.