Friday, January 25, 2013

Bachelor Week 1 + 2


I've gone back and forth as to whether or not I'm blogging this show this season. I started to, had a small, yet routine these days, mental setback, got back on board, then decided no. Then I was leisurely watching the second episode and there was just too much to talk about - I can't get past it. Sooo, instead of a line-by-line, I think I will do a condensed 5-10 bullet point summary. I kind of have the first 2 episodes mixed up, so forgive me, but here are my thoughts/comments/concerns:

  • WHAT IN THE HELL with the freaking girl on night one in the blue mermaid dress with matching blue eyeshadow, semi-African-American??????????????????????? Mind you, she had on the tarzan-ish dress on the promo photoshoot pictures. Seriously, that was so bad. Not even a funny drama planted character ABC. Not good.
  • Sean: Ok, he's a body-builder. Ok. Oooook. We get it. We don't need a reminder every half hour of the show with a 1-2 minute shot of him running or lifting and in turn sweating. He has a nice body. You pretty much have to be the Bachelor (with the exception of Ben....). Also, halfway thru episode 1, he made a surprise face and - surprise! - he looked exactly like my OB-GYN. A younger, hotter version, but still him nonetheless. Which pretty much creeped me out. I actually really really like my doc, who is also my boss, like him almost in an unhealthy way, but Sean looking like a young version of him, combined with the over-doing of the body building, I'm not so much attracted to this dude anymore. Oh, and also his blonde eyebrows. No.
Those of you who know him - does he not look like Dr. Allen a little?? Gay sweater, BTW.
 
  • Cue the cheese. From the opening scene with the jeep, sunglasses, and wind blowing thru his hair, to the soft shots of him contemplating his future on the beach at sunset, to, NO SHIT, the words "I wanna be that rock" (speaking of being a rock to a woman) while ABC showed a couple rock-climbing. Episode 2, date with the long kissing contest or whatever, blowing confetti at the end of the date from the rooftop. Really? You just had a expensive date. You are on the roof of a building in LA, on a plush couch, drinking wine and eating freaking caviar I'm sure - no need for confetti.
  • I really liked the Arie visit. Funny. He had good kissing tips.
  • The Bachelor mansion always has wet sidewalks at night. Why.
  • The girls: I'm not even going to talk about the ones who are gone now. Waste of time (except the freaking WHACK JOB I mentioned at the beginning). I like Des. I think she is cute, seems really normal. Her bangs go from cute to awkward to cute often. I like that he said "she's really cute" under his breath right after he met her. Wedding dress/drunk girl from night one: surprised she is still there. Seems dumb as a rock. The Asian is way more cute in real life than in her initial picture. Tierra:s he was my very favorite from the get go. Then the commercials made it sound like she was a bitch. Then, as I watch, she really isn't...? I think she is cute. Interested to see how that goes. Armless: I think she is way cute. She looks like my friend/hairdresser Brooke. Not sure what ABC's point was with doing an armless person. Like I already said, it was nice of Sean to not invite her on the volleyball date. Also, all the shots of the end - where it shows Sean and the winner in the sunset (just their silhouettes), the girl always has 2 arms, soooo I don't think she wins. Professional organizer: she went on a one-on-one on the second episode, forget her name. I can't say for sure, but I don't think she actually has a job. She just likes to have things neat. Extremely. Which is probably a side-effect of her early life - an "outlet" if you will. I think she is pretty. Her promo on night one was really dramatic. I'm pretty sure the lace dress she wore to Six Flags was see-thru and she had a purple thong on, which was awkward with the cute little disabled girls. I think it is funny they played Spanish music when Selma came on the screen. POKER DEALER? I don't even know who that is. I think it is the big faced blackie (big eyes, big forehead). What the hell? Also at one point it said someone was a Jumbotron Operator. I think it might have been wedding dress girl. Some real winners here.... The "Fit Model" = one big huge nostril. I can't even focus on what she is saying or even what her name is, all I can see is a nostril. I hate it. HATE. The world record long kiss girl: pretty in a different way. Pretty almost overwhelming hair. Cute first night football ass-looking stunt. Weird that I have seen 2 fairly slutty lace dresses for day dates. Don't they say "dress casual" or "wear something nice" etc based on kind of what they will be doing??? You'd think they'd give the girls a heads up, don't wear a clubbing short see thru dress with 6 inch heels to this date.... you may or may not be around children and roller coasters..... I know she is gone, but I really really liked Kacie from Ben's season. This season, what the hell. Drama + looks like she had a stroke + voice more annoying than last time she was on TV???
  • There is a lot of drinking and botox.
  • Side note - I think they should do a biggie Bachelor. Also I think I kind of like rap music. And I don't like roses.
  • I would love to go to an ice hotel.
I'm all flustered because of my indecision to do this so I'm unorganized and it is pissing me off. I feel like I am missing important details, so I'm going to cut this off right here. I'll be fresh and more put together next week.

No comments: