Monday, October 31, 2011

Hallo-freaking-ween

I was soooo excited for Halloween this year, until Friday. Panic set in. I hadn't really prepared a costume. I wanted for Max to have fun so bad. I was planning on going to the Legacy Center party and couldn't bring myself to do it. I was going to do trunk-or-treat the next day and couldn't do it. Anxiety. There is a "Halloween House" in AF I wanted to go take him to. HeeHaw farms. Nothing. I just broke right down. Thankfully he has an amazing babysitter who took him with her to the kids school parade, so he got a little taste of the holiday. I got home tonight and built up some energy and dressed him up. At first he wasn't having the hat part so I told him he could never ever play with Anna again if he took it off. He said "ok" and left it on the rest of the night (Call me a mean mom). I took him to Em's and attempted door to door trick or treating. He pretty much just ran around behind the big kids and eventually found a play slide in someones yard and stayed there. He didn't get the candy thing. We would knock on a door and he'd try to hand the people something out of his bag. Whatever. {My mom made the costume for my BROTHERS like 40 years ago, then Owen wore it when he was little - purty cute huh?}
isn't he cute?!









he got a dum-dum and that was all he wanted....



waiting for Oliva at my mom's gate.....

another sucker



He has a serious love/hate relationship with Miss Kitty. One minute he is body slamming her, the next, kissing her.

Getting pissed about the hat

annnnnd, he's done with it.
It all turned out just freaking fine. Benj was right when he said to take an Ativan and calm the hell down about it. Kinda glad it is over.....

1 comment: