Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Update + General Patton

Well, the ultrasound Monday didn't go as planned. He is still in the 88th%. He did gain 7 oz though, which is good that he is still growing. Really, his head and tummy grew quite a bit, it is those damn short Barnhurst legs bringing his average down! (Benj {and most men in his fam} have freakishly long torso and short legs, nice legs, but short). His head is so big they even took a measurement of his cheeks.... it is almost starting to freak me out that something might be wrongo with it.... So anyway, the NST went well, he preformed like a champ this week and held still. But I go to see the Dr and my BP was elevated enough that he sent me right to the hospital to do pre-eclampsia labs and a 24 hour urine. I was there for a good 2 hours, and the initial labs came back ok. BP was still elevated, but not alarming, so they sent to home to be on bedrest for the night while I do the urine test. Well don't worry, I filled up the one container they gave me in about 7 hours and had to go back to L&D to get 2 more in the middle of the night. Sucked. Benj had taken his sedative sleeping pill and was dead to the world, bless his heart. Anyway, I had to drop it off yesterday at about 4 and do more monitoring while they ran the test. I was there for seriously like 4 hours. Note to self: BRING MY OWN PILLOW NEXT TIME. Those beds are so flipping uncomfortable! Don't! I had a pretty bad headache and was dizzy, so they wanted to monitor that. My urine ended up coming back elevated as well, so the on-call Dr said you do have pre-eccampsia and need to be on bedrest and to follow up Thursday at the office. Between that and you measuring so big, we will need to induce you next week. I haven't talked to Dr Allen yet, but I hope that is the case. I can't believe they finally tell me I have to stay in bed and I am up at like 7 today. I really hope he is born on an even day, I hate odd numbers.
Sorry, this is kind of a boring post for most people - this is pretty much all that is going on in my life right now!
I will post this quick video that has nothing to do with any baby stuff but is really cool. It is General Pattons speech in WWII. We need more Generals like him today and we wouldn't be in the mess we are in.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=108603

2 comments:

Chotz said...

SARAH, You are having a baby like next week!!! Are you freaking out yet? I'm excited for you. :) Good Luck and hope you feel better.

Brittney said...

Thanks for sharing the story! I'll keep your fam in my prayers. Max is so cute- I can't wait to meet him! Glad to hear you are doing well despite sooo many stitches-wow! It makes me wonder how many I had in my belly. I'm thinking of you all often. Love ya!