Saturday, January 16, 2010

Baby Shower, Nursery + Pumpkin Bullcrap

So today my mom and sister came over and roughed my messy house to help me get things cleaned and set up. Here are some of the nursery pictures (bad lighting!!). I will prob add/rearrange a few things, but I think it turned out great! Thanks Mom and Em! (Owen helped too) Also had a shower today - got a ton of sweet loot!


This picture was the 'inspiration' for the room. I remember being newly prego and Benj flat out insisting that the nursery - boy or girl - remain U of U. I cried for days.




(still working on knobs.../ bad lighting)


Sorry about glare - this is trying to add to the 'vintage' flare...

Cute crib!


Awesome bedding my talented mom made for crib.... isn't it cute?! She also made some little throw pillows and changing mats out of the same fabrics. Plus she has made 1300 receiving blankets that are all super cute!



Cradle all ready by my bed!

Love the carseat! Grandmas Kellie and Tam got us the travel system with carseat and stroller - so cute! I actually wanted to go on a walk about it.....which is saying a lot if you know me at all.



Benj's aunt Michelle is a master seamstress. She made this awesome coat, lined with U of U fabric! Benj wanted one in his size.......

Don't mind my fat swollen freaking paw there....


Cute outfit from Aunt Robin!

Also got a ton of cute blankets and clothes, a big box of diapers and wipes, a cool diaper cake with lots of necessities decorating it (bottles, binkis, toys, etc). My mom also made one of those blankets that hook to the carseat that is dang cute - but pending finishing touches. For my shower last week with my friends, I got my changing table pad, diapers, cute outfits, an umbrella stroller, a cute tummy time mat, some bath stuff, a seat cover to put under carseat, lots of cute cute stuff!

This was my Christmas present for me and Max - I am sure we'll spend a lot of time here!

So, the wierd fruit comparison thing isn't really working anymore. The one today says a "Crenshaw Melon" and about 6 pounds. Yeah, in his bra. Last Monday he was estimated at about 7.5 pounds, so he is pretty much at the 40 week estimated 'pumpkin' size..... Induce me now! Holy hell!!! I have an appointment on Monday and will know more then about what is going on, if anything.
Thanks everyone for all the shower gifts and help! Woo-hoo!

2 comments:

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

What a cute nursery! I love that it's new and different and inspired by both of your personalities. Your mom is way talented-I love the bedding and the crib is beautiful! I probably would have cried if my husband made me decorated our girls room in sports too. :) I hope they induce you soon! :) Can't wait to see pictures of your darling boy!

Daniel & Shandi said...

Cute room for being U of U. It would look better in BLUE! haha