Tuesday, March 20, 2012

owls + things about us


I like owls. Cutesy owls. Cartoon owls on onsies. Real ones are ok too, but I'm not very fond of birds in general.

But I do like owls and I'll tell you why.


#1. Max looks like an Owl.
#2. Owls are one of the very few bird species where the female is bigger, more colorful and more aggressive than the males.  I say damn strait to that.
#3. Owls are associated with wisdom. In fact, a group of owls is called a parliament, study or wisdom  (I like to learn what groups of animals are called).
My personal theory their silent nature? People tend to think you are smart until you open your mouth and start talking....
But, I want to work on listening more and talking less. I want to be wiser.


Also, I like  Big Fat Tacos from Del Taco. I really hate saying "Big Fat Chicken Taco" when I order. I feel like a cow.

A few things about us (haven't done this in a while):

Benj:
-He is studying criminal justice. He can't get enough CIA, SWAT, SEALS, guns, assasinate, stealth, sneak up on a bad guy and blow his ass up, stuff. His dream would be to be in a bullet-proof vest, draped in a gilly suit with whatever gun is the coolest (I don't know...) on a hilltop and snipe bad guys for the rest of his life.
-He likes cheesecake.
-He likes long baths.
-He hates toothpaste remnants in the sink.
-He is a good daddy and Max loves him to death.
-His sleeping meds KNOCK HIM OUT. Like annoyingly. If I ever had to go to the hospital in the middle of the night, I'd be driving myself. {insert: I have had to do that before when I was preg and it pissed me off.}

Max:
-He has 3 horrible cowlicks. Back middle, back lower right side, front right side.
-He likes to cross his feet (see previous post).
-He has crappy skin. EXZEMA city.
-He has had like 30 natural poops since he was born. The rest have been suppository/laxitive induced.
-He loves to watch movies, but is loving to read lately.
-He freaking likes the park, especially the slide.
-He is mechanical. He likes to fit things together, line them up, play with screwdrivers.
-He is getting an attitude.
-He loves other kids. Especially his cousin Anna.

Me:
-I've had a cough for a good month. I pee my pants frequently. Daily.
-I've recently discovered Pandora. It's ok.
-I play on my phone too much (Draw Something, anyone?)
-I like making people laugh.
-I've completely given up trying to be a skinny blonde. I'm a fat brunette.
-I HATE, HATE my apartment. Even Max screams "NO" when we come around the corner to come home. Want. Out. Now.
-My job has been stressful lately.
-Good lighting is essential to my mental health. I found out the lamp in my front room works last night and I already feel happier. I love good lighting. Like almost going to cancel my therapy appointment about it.
-I'm completely addicted to Pinterest.
-I just went through the process of finding a new babysitter for Max (thanks LIZ!!) and it stressed me out bad. I just coughed, peed, cried, and made phone calls for like a week. But we are all good now.

3 comments:

Mike and Nic said...

You always make me laugh Sarah! Oh, and I pee my pants daily too. It's the worst when you have a cough. Now I'm going to tell you more than you wanted to know about me...a couple of weeks ago I had a really bad cough and I ended up full on peeing my pants at work. Worst day ever!

marnee said...

Love This!!!

Emzwee said...

First of all - I love how honest you are. Wish I had that courage sometimes. Second - have you ever had Max tested for food allergies? We had horrible eczema problems until I found out she was allergic to tons of stuff. Now, she's much better. Its not always the case, but worth looking into maybe?