Friday, February 19, 2010

Bad names and I hate change

So, it's been a week-er so and naturally I have a ton of pet peeves and smart ass comments that have been building up over the week, so here you go:

First, Max is one month old today! Happy One Month Day!

Second, while sitting home watching TV all day on maternity leave, some pretty disturbing male names have come to my attention. If you know me at all, you know the name "Peter" has always topped my list of really really ugly names. Don't tell me when you hear that name you don't picture this:

and no one wants to picture that. Another that has come to my attention; Wolfgang. Really, what person says to themself, "Hmm, I think I will name my child 'Wolfgang'" and feel good about it?? Don't. You know this is what he will look like:

And lastly, Kip. WTH? I think probably started out as a joke. This is what I picture:


So, as you may have gathered, I am a true blue pessimist. I pretty much bitch about everything (mostly in a joking way, but still, nonetheless). So, I thought pregnancy was bad. I whined about the heartburn, the mood swings, the acne, the crotch pain, the nausea, the constant hunger. Well well well kids, I found something that tops the crappiness of pregnancy; postpartum. Holy hell. I have never felt so horrible in my life! Moods and hormones a-raging (no, really), itchy stretch marks (no one told me that they itch after you deliver..), FATIGUE, hormones, the BLEEDING (I almost forgot), hormones, NICU, fatigue, Max not breathing, tests, tests, stretchy jello-y skin, BREAST MILK, NICU, hormones, bills. Don't get me wrong, I love the little guy, but I do not do well with change. Benj and I traded sides of the bed and it was a huge deal for me. Took a few nights of crying, tossing, turning, spooning, etc, and I am still trying to deal with it (which is why I am blogging at 2:47 am.....). Another example, 2 years ago, I got married, started school, quit work, and moved out all within like a week. Yeah, I just completely shut down. Stopped everything and stayed home. Cry cry cry. A trip to the ER and lots of meds later, I am still getting used to it. Needless to say, I am having a hard time adjusting to the newness of a baby and all that goes with it. It is slowly getting better; I'm sure glad I have good friends and family! Max finally gets his oxygen off this weekend (yay! I've felt like a senior citizen having home care come and deliver oxygen and supplies...AND it sucks dragging the tubing all through the house AND having those ouch-y stickers on his cute cheeks...)(see, there is the pessimist!). Here are a few cute pics of the Max-ster:








Max getting a head start on his gopher skills.

Anna seriously LOVES Max!!! The veil must be thin cause this girl KNOWS him! She can't get her chubby little hands off him and constantly says 'baby' and 'max' and touches all his little features. I'm sure they will be good friends.

Also, can I just say how freaking dumb the news is sometimes...? So today that guy crashed his plane into the IRS building and one of the news anchors says, "They believe that the man was angry with the IRS and had specifically targeted the building," No shit. Don't.

Thanks for listening.

5 comments:

Chotz said...

HAHA you kill me Sarah! It's ok that you used, WTH. I think that one is funny. :)
I'm glad your little guy gets taken off oxygen this weekend! YAY!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Yes, motherhood is a huge adjustment! That first few months is just plain hard. I"m so glad he gets off his oxygen this week-what a relief. He sure is a cutie! It makes me excited to see my little baby...soon!

Unknown said...

I am with you on KIP?!?

Kev and Manda said...

yea- the above one was me

Brooke said...

Sarah, he is so cute!! I am sad about everything all your changes. I promise you that it will get better!! I LOVE to listen to you talk about what bugs you and irritates you. If you need someone to complain to, call me. I would love to listen!! Max is adorable. Congratulations!