Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Convicts and a large mango

So we went hunting this weekend with Benj's dad, brother and Tamie up in Logan canyon. It was super nice to get out and in the fresh air. The weather was beautiful, borderline hot, even. Didn't see a deer, or anything really. A huge abundance of chipmunks, freaky almost. It must be the 'year' of the chipmunks. So as I saw all the men dressed in orange, a thought came, which led the a few other random thoughts:
  • Why do hunters and convicts dress the same? Does everyone realize they are carrying guns? Really, who are these people? A little fishy, is all I'm saying.
  • I hate wearing socks, particularly long ones. Shuffle half way down to your ankle, have to pull them up every 3 minutes, which sucks when you are a prego biggie.

  • It has been a long time since I've seen a falling star! Actually saw a few!

  • I can't cook. Or even really take food out of bags and put it on a plate. Anxiety.

  • I am deathly afraid of coyotes. I'm laying there in the tent, (which, I am usually a trailer girl) on the edge closest to the wall, listening to the howling of a coyote 'pack' and thinking "They will attack the outside of the tent first. Tamie is on the other side. I hope they go for her, because I am 'with child'......" and so on and so forth. In the middle of these thoughts, Benj leans over and says, "You know, they will attack the outside people first," and then giggles .... Puke.

  • Really, I am quite afraid of being outdoors lately. I grew up camping and never really had an issue, but I was scared of every little sound, scared the fire was going cause a bigger fire and we wouldn't be able to get away, scared we'd run out of water, etc. I hate girls like that! I don't want to be her! Damn!

  • And last, I can't even believe how freaking uncomfortable I am. I have a long way to go. Pregnancy is a really cool thing yet a really crappy thing. Heartburn, can't breathe, can't walk, back hurts, contacts don't work, feet swollen, fatty, etc. It is really cool to feel him move and know he is ok. It will all be worth it. Really, I will be 6 months Saturday, that isn't bad. Over half-way.

So this week, he is a pound and a 'large mango' and next week the length of a ear of corn. Supposed to gain 1/4 to 1/3 of a pound this week. Getting big!

1 comment:

Chotz said...

True that! --with the whole orange convicts thing.
I am such a baby when it comes to camping too and I don't want to be like that. I wanna be tough!
Yay that your baby is a mango!!!