Sunday, October 4, 2009

Max the carrot


So I'm 21 weeks today, and Max is the length of a carrot (almost 11 inches). He was a banana last week and yesterday I looked on my counter and saw a banana, and gee, it must have been a oager banana or something but that thing looked huge! I guess he really is just getting big! It's been a while since I've posted, have had a rough week or two. To sum it up, baby is growing and looks great, no cleft lip, no club feet, no wierd brain tumor, just normal, swimmin around constantly moving! I know this not because I can feel him, but because I have a doppler at home and listen to him galivanting around all the time. Any time now though. It worries me slightly that I can't feel him, however, I am sure I will eat my words and wish he'd stop for five seconds once he starts. My placenta is in front + I am a biggie + a first timer, thus the wait.


I think lightbulbs are in the 'neutral' section of my mind. It's not solid though, I'm still thinking.


So, some advice (I need):


  • Do you wait until later/after baby to decide what kind of binki he likes?

  • Anyone have opinions about what the best bottles are (i'm not breastfeeding..)

Well, sorry i don't really have anything funny, witty, or even entertaining to say, so I will leave you with some words or genious from Jack Handy:


As the evening sky faded from a salmon color to a sort of flint gray, I thought back to the salmon I caught that morning, and how gray he was, and how I named him Flint.


To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" you can say, "Sorry, got these sacks." {MY FAVORITE!!!}


We like to praise birds for flying. But how much of it is actually flying, and how much of it is just sort of coasting from the previous flap?

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am so glad you posted. I didn't feel Conner move until about 22 weeks. My placenta was in front as well. You are right, towards the end you will wish he would slow down and give you five minutes. I used Avent bottles sometimes and they were difficult for Conner to get food out of. I have loved my Playtex bottles. The have fast and slow nipples that can be changed out so that is nice for when they start cereal. The cheapy bottles work great as well.

Ryan and Mindi said...

My only advice about binki's is what I did. I got the kind of binki's that were easiest to find. We like NUK. I have heard horror stories about people not being able to find the only kind of binki their babies like at any store.

Wilson that cute little guy that he is decided he didn't like bottles so I have no advice for you on that one. Sorry.

I am so so happy for you guys and I just can't wait to meet Max!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Exciting-boys are so fun! I've heard the best bottles to use are Dr. Browns. They're a bit complicated to figure out at first, but they have a way that the baby won't swallow any air and get gassy. I really like the NUK binki's. But when they're first born, I like the ones that allow you to put your finger in them because it's hard for them to keep them in on their own at first.

Rebecca said...

I have a new blog address it is SteveandBecca.blogspot.com. Hope you're doing ok.

The Brooks Family said...

Sara - I use the binki's that Anna uses. It's the same one the hospital uses, so he'll be used to it from day one - but you can order the cuter shaped ones online for $1 or so each. check with Em on that one... LOVE THEM! Also - love my Playtex Ventair bottles! The neck is curved and the bottom vents so the baby gets NO air. and they're way easier and cheaper than the Dr Brown ones. PS. It was around 21/22 weeks when I felt Stai move too. I think had I known what I was supposed to be feeling, I'd have felt her sooner. Don't worry, pretty soon you'll feel him all day and all night and you'll wish he'd stop!